Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Don't worry


Early last week, it occurred to me that I don't actually live in the present. I feel like I live in the future. Sometimes it seems that every minute of my day is spent worrying about the next minute of my day. I'm missing the here and the now because I'm too busy being anxious about the future. It doesn't ever stop either, you could worry your entire life away without enjoying/experiencing it. This isn't a fun way to be.




Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future; but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
:]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna! I just stopped by here from Anna's blog and thought I'd let you know that I'd been here. The above post was very timely, especially for a worry-wart like me.=) If you'd like, stop by my blog. Footprints in the Sand is my main blog. Thanks for reading this comment.

    ~Elizabeth J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody wrote something about all this worry business - something like "cast all your cares on me, and I'll take care of it". Good advice eh. Must try it myself.....

    ReplyDelete